Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Sugar Bowl Cafe (What a Lovely Way to Start My Trip)

From the moment you walk in, the floor boards creaking creates the atmosphere this unique cafe has to offer. The room is warm and smells wonderfully of different coffee aromas. It has a sense of home even on your first visit, and as you look around you realize you may have just stepped into another time.
Welcome to the Sugar Bowl Cafe. 
                                     

When I ventured there yesterday the soft sounds of Van Morrison floated around the room as I sat in the corner with my coffee and laptop working on my homework from a terribly comfy couch.
One of the things that makes this cafe just so special is their antique decor, the furniture is clearly dated but still so lovely. The room itself has a haunted vibe in the dim lighting but it's just so endearing.
As far as the food and coffee go, both are amazing. They offer both hot and iced coffee in a myriad of flavors as well as custom espressos, teas, cappuccinos, even smoothies and frappes! For food, they offer sandwiches, muffins, Brigham's ice cream, and more.
Apart from the occasional rude person who takes a phone call a little too loudly, the cafe offers a comforting work environment with many tables and spots to work and a multitude of plugs located all around for your electronics. Even better, they have free fast wifi! All you have to do is ask the person working behind the counter for the password. 
The staff is incredibly friendly and the owner is often in to visit the place. 
Over all, I would 100% percent recommend you visit the Sugar Bowl Cafe. 

Located at: 857 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester, MA 02125

11 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a cute little place to go to!!!! I love how it seems to offer more than just coffee and tea. Maybe one day I might try and go there to try it for myself and maybe use there free wifi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled it later on and found out that it was labeled ice cream shop as well! It's honestly so fantastic and if you're too nervous to ask for the wifi password (like me at first) just ask me, I've got you. (:

      Delete
  2. Marie,
    Nothing makes me not want to come to this cafe more often now. I have heard of Sugar Bowl Cafe and I have been here several times. However, your description makes coffee drinkers such as I to want to come here more often. I appreciate how greatly you observed the cafe to your full potential. Everything you have mentioned about the environment and atmosphere in the Cafe is spot on. I can not wait to hear more about other different cafes. As a huge coffee drinker, I am looking forward to knowing all the places you have in store.

    Best, Janna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janna,
      We need to go together.
      Like now.
      All the love, Marie!

      Delete
  3. Ah I know this place and the owner's family! Before this was a cafe it was an antique shop. I love how you described the scene. I can totally feel it. The owner loves collecting and having antiques. Love the decor in there as well! Milkshakes are the best from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! That makes a lot more sense now, and the owner is super friendly from what I've witnessed. Thank you, I really wanted to do the place justice. And I haven't tried a milkshake but their chocolate frappes are incredible!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like such a cute place, I want to go get coffee now! Love how you described it in the beginning, you are really great at writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say. And honestly it might be my new favorite place to be, you should totally check it out.

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to visit this cafe now. The way you described your trip was beautifully written and the cafe itself seems really nice and cozy with that vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and you totally should! Also thank you kindly, it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. First of all I love the Sugar Bowl, It is bomb, Second of all I love this peice you did an excellent job describing the cafe!! The introduction is so intriguing as you used sensory details and literary devises. This is great, good job!

    ReplyDelete